Senior Investor Relations Executive
Capital Access Group (CAG) is the leading independent corporate access firm in the UK.
It works with clients ranging from AIM to FTSE 100, with a 20-year track record of successfully introducing investors to UK companies. We act on behalf of our clients (the corporates) and our purpose is to make meaningful introductions to investors with the mandate to buy their stock.
CAG is looking to appoint an experienced financial market professional to look after client relationships and investor relationships.
- The two most important relationships this role straddles are with our clients and with our investors;
- Your primary focus will be on maintaining, developing and growing relationships with our clients;
- Your primary point of contact will typically be with the: IRO, CEO, CFO, Chairman, COO but could include others as well;
- You will need to quickly become familiar with our clients’ businesses and the merits of their investment case including maintaining a current working knowledge of their peers and industry issues;
- It is important to keep close watch on macro and micro issues that have impact on our clients and their peers. This could be almost anything ranging from, for example: political, economic, geographic, technological, environmental to social to name a few;
- Keeping abreast of business news and current affairs is a must;
- Relationships with our investors is at the core of our business. You will need to keep good working relationships with our investors and their evolving/changing investment criteria;
- Investors are based across the UK in London and the regions plus a few overseas and travel therefore forms part of the role;
- Your points of contact within investors will usually be with: individual discretionary fund managers, CIO’s and central analysts;
- Working with the CAG analytics team to target and match our clients with investors you will build programmes of investor meetings, qualify those meetings and accompany clients on roadshows to manage all aspects of the day;
- Attendance at relevant capital markets events forms parts to maintain current knowledge and awareness as well as build relationships. For example, these might be CMDs, AGMs, EGMs, IR Society events
- Working with clients (IRO or C-suite) to advise them on their messaging is an important element of this role and requires a combination of understanding the situation, their business and tact;
- The role will involve travel outside London. It should be expected that, on average, most weeks there will be the need to travel to somewhere outside London for a day;
- It is also important to be actively on good terms with other stakeholders; maintaining, developing and growing relationships with other Investor relations service providers, for example: PR/comms professionals, corporate brokers and others
- You will be a confident and professional self-starter who thrives in a corporate and social environment;
- Have a genuine active interest in business, financial markets and current affairs;
- Have several years’ experience in UK Equity Capital Markets;
- Be an effective, accurate and clear business writer;
- Confident in speaking with individuals of all levels including C-suite;
- A team player willing to do what is necessary for the firm and team to succeed;
- Relevant professional qualifications, such as the IMC or IR Society diploma would be useful but not essential;
- Willing and able to share experience and knowledge with other team members to maintain collegiate and learning environment;
- New business is key to our future and we encourage everyone to seek out opportunities among existing clients, investors and other stakeholders on a continual basis.
This role comes with a package that is commensurate with experience. It includes: basic salary, incentive scheme, health insurance, pension, generous holiday allowance.
CAG is a flexible and equal opportunities employer and we would be pleased to hear from applicants with the right skills including anyone who who may need a flexible working arrangement.